Here at Westminster we are just beginning to reimagine who we are and who God is calling us to be. We are a work in progress and are open to where the Spirit is leading us. This is an exciting time to be a part of Westminster! You can come and be a part of dreaming with us and God about this unique place called Westminster where art and faith and nature meet.
Here’s a little more about us...
The official details are that:
- We are a PCUSA (Presbyterian Church USA) congregation that was founded in the 1950s.
- We are open, affirming, and inviting to the LGBTQ+ community…the first one in our presbytery! We call it being a More Light church.
- The church property was originally a dumping grounds that was given to the church to reimagine. Yep, a dump. And now it is this incredible place! We love living into the idea that we are resurrecting this place into a gift of sacred space for our whole community.
- Yes, we have a park, a playground, a community garden, an urban forest, a theater, and a preschool here…it’s totally amazing.
But, who are we really, we know that’s what you want to know:
- We are question askers, seekers, learners.
- We value openness, honesty, and conversation.
- We are people who grew up in the church right alongside people who are just discovering church.
- We believe that we are called to be co-creators with God. Our work is to bring more love and creativity into the world.
- We are a place where all are welcome, really. And you are invited to become a part of this sacred space that we are creating!